Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Try a New Technique: Got Baby Wipes?

Howdy PMS fans!
Lisa M. here to bring you a super fun cool and fabulous technique that you HAVE to try! You just need two things--baby wipes and reinkers. An odd combination I know...but it makes such a cool technique! Now if you have a baby in the house like I do--actually, if you have SMALL CHILDREN in the house like I do, you probably have a good stockpile of baby wipes. When it comes to reinkers, some may think that they have such an odd collection of these there is no way anything could work. Well, I'm here to tell you that I had just TWO. Two reinkers and they SOOOOO didn't coordinate--I mean, Bermuda Bay and Mellow Moss (both retired Stampin Up colors) aren't exactly near each other on the color compatibility! But I was game to try anything...

So here's the scoop--just fold a wet baby wipe over several times to make yourself a square or rectangle. Put it on top of a paper plate or something that can help absorb the dampness and any ink leaks. Then starting with your darkest color drip 3 or 4 dots randomly. Now go for your medium color--do the same thing again keeping the new drops slightly overlapping the first ones. Now with a third color fill in the white spaces in between. Got just 2 colors like me? Then scatter them around overlapping each other.
Your baby wipe should look something like this...

Okay--now get a solid image stamp--flowers, butterflies, birds, bugs...anything like that looks amazing with this technique, but feel free to experiment. I went with a flower from the Springtime Solids set by PMS.

Press it onto your inked up baby wipe. It will be nice and juicy-so you won't have to huff on the stamp. Now stamp it! It looks VERY cool! My odd combination of re-inkers made for a very tropical looking flower--so I paired it with the fabulous sentiment by K. Brown and made this darling little card.

I loved this technique and now want to get more re-inkers so I can have more variety!

If you want to print out the instructions, you can find them at Splitcoaststampers HERE.

I'd love to see your use of this technique --leave me a link in the comments and I'll come check it out!

Have a fabulous rest of the week and official start to FALL!

Tootles,

Lisa M.

PS. Make sure you also check out this week's DIGI MAKEOVER CHALLENGE and get signed up for our MONSTER MASH BLOG HOP on October 7th!

4 comments:

Dragonlady said...

Hi Lisa

Thank you so much for this tutorial. It is so easy and so effective. I must give it a go BUT I have no reinkers - oh well off to do some more shopping then!!!!

HUgs Ali x

Mrs. Sassy Crafter (Fabi) said...

Didn't know about this technique, I know a different one using baby wipes too =0)

dawnmercedes said...

ooh...Lisa! I love it! What a smart idea. Now, to buy more wipes! (Although I used to buy them long after diapers, I've stopped!)

Michelle VP said...

I've done this before and it's so much fun! Will have to try it again soon. :)