Saturday, September 17, 2011

Spotlight on Savannah!

I came across this lovely card by Savannah O'Gwynn (known as "espbfdl" on Splitcoaststampers) this week.  Don't you just love how she stamped Ashley Fairy in purple and left her un-colored!!  I sent her an email to find out about her stamping ideas and inspiration!

Savannah writes:  "I enjoy creating and stamping--and my favorite technique is to paper piece my images. I love mixing papers and colors together for my cards. Actually, the card that is featured helped me step out of my fun/cute/whimsical style and create something shabby/chic! LOVE it:) "

  Savannah, where do you find your inspiration?
 "I find inspiration for my cards/creations in several places: magazines, Pinterest, Etsy, and other blogs. I currently follow 650 blogs, and I enjoy seeing different styles and clever ways to use elements/sketches/etc. I also love looking at sketch challenges--I find that they push me out of my comfort zone {fun/cute/whimsical style} as well. And the last place I find inspiration for my cards.....is from my husband! I usually run my ideas by him, and he will share what he thinks or give me ideas."


What is your favorite stamp line from Paper Makeup Stamps? 
 "I really enjoy the fairy stamps--but I'm super excited about the monsters and aliens. There's something about those whimsical creatures that make them lovable!" 

Oh well, then you must join our October Fan and Designer Monster Mash!! I think it's going to be a SCREAM! haha 



  Okay, Okay...Savannh, I have to ask this:  If you were a fairy, what sort of fairy would you be? 
"I would love to be a music fairy- I would have large wings that glittered, super pretty high heels, and a wand that played soft music (classical, contemporary Chrisitan, rock, etc.) that brought cheer and good music to all those within earshot!"


Thanks for sharing your inky thoughts with us, Savannah.
Be sure to click over to her blog for more ideas!

Remember the Paper Makeup Artists are always looking for new ideas and fun projects. Be sure to post your PMS creations to online galleries using "Paper Makeup Stamps" as the keyword.

Dawn

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

thanks for sharing your work with us.. super cute card..

Ivette

velta said...

Perfectly "soft" Savannah...such a beautiful way of showing this image...TFS!!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OHHH! I am so excited to see my creation featured here today! What an honor! And hoooooray--I will have to order some of those monster stamps so I can play along in October's Monster Mash!! THANK YOU for this fabulous feature! Blessings:)

Virginia L. said...

So awesome to see Savannah being featured here! Her work is full of lovely details and fun elements! Way to go, Savannah!!

Julie Ranae said...

We are so happy to have Paper Makeup Stamps as this week's sponsor over at The Play Date Cafe Challenge and featuring Savvy this week is so FAB!
We love her too!

Michelle VP said...

What a fun post to read! congrats Savannah on being featured this week. :)

Andrea Ewen said...

Yay, Savannah! I am so happy to see your work featured here...it's ALWAYS a delight!

Anonymous said...

Yay Savannah! This is one uber cute project! Love the uncolored fairy, congrats to you :)

Colleen Dietrich said...

You make me smile, Sav! I enjoyed reading this piece about you, my friend. :) Cute project, too!

Jinny Newlin said...

Woohoo! Yea for Savannah! Such a sweet card and unique design! Congrats, girl!