Tuesday, July 19, 2011

A Technique for Tuesday!

Hello and happy Tuesday to all you PMS fans! I don't know about you, but I sure am sweltering from all the heat we have been hit with lately! It's a good thing I can escape the heat and craft in the air conditioning!

Do you have a tool that you always forget about? I do. It's my heat gun! I know that many of you use it all the time for heat embossing, but until lately mine has been stashed away under my desk. Would you believe I even though about getting rid of it? I'm sure glad that I didn't because I've been really enjoying using it for a fabulous technique lately.

How often do you do use the technique Emboss Resist? Have you ever tried it before? If not, I'm telling you that you need to add this fabulous (and oh so easy!) technique to your crafting! I have been playing around with this technique with various stamps but REALLY love using the fabulous Fairy Silhouettes.
The typical emboss resist is to use watermark ink with clear embossing powder on white paper and then add ink around it to make it pop. That is a beautiful look, but I wanted to accentuate the dark silhouette of a fairy. So I stamped my Kirsten Silhouette with black ink and embossed her with clear embossing powder. Then I used four different ink colors and sponged all around her to create a sunset scene. I wiped off the fairy image and the silhouette really popped out! I added some grass using my multi-liner pen and I think I actually kind of made it look like sand with the sand grass sticking out--I love it!

This is just another way to really have fun with the Fairy Silhouette images--why not try it for yourself?!

Until next time, 

Lisa

4 comments:

Carma said...

This is GORGEOUS!!!

sandi said...

Such a cute card, I not really sure if I understand how to do emboss resit techn, Are there any video's that will show you how? Thanks

Lisa M. (aka. Lisa @ Farm Fresh) said...

Sandi~ YES! There is a step by step tutorial w/a video on Splitcoaststampers! http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/resources/tutorials/embossing_resist/

I also have a step by step tutorial for a different embossing resist card I did--you can find it on my blog post here: http://lisabeesponderings.blogspot.com/2011/07/forever-sunset.html

Hope that helps!

dawnmercedes said...

lisa, this is absolutely awesome!!!