Thursday, July 9, 2009

Word Highlight!

As i poured thru the fabulousness that the design team has been doing lately... i started to notice a trend with the digi word art. Not ALL the time.. but often enough the DT was highlighting words in the wordart with color! And here i was thinking i was being so crafty when i did that to my cards! hahahahahaha.

Anyhoo - i think it's really stunning and looks fabulous with Shaela's wordart... so i thought i'd share some samples! Keep checking back everyday this week for more new ways to use these fun and fabulous digis!

First we have the Plant Your Own Garden quote... clearly this is a fav by my design team!  I think i've seen it used at LEAST 8-9 times already!  It was only assigned to 1!  So yes, it's a favorite!  But the neat thing is you can see different ways to use it!  THe ways shown here are just ways that use the word highlight technique.  Different cards and projects without the word highlight will be shown later in the week!  :)





And then we still have some other samples of how this can be done... letter to letter like below


Or you can do word by word either using soft colors to just gently pull out the words or bold and beautiful colors to definitely bring demand and attention or you can go anywhere inbetween! THe skys the limit!








I have decided that i LOVE this effect! The funny thing is i've done this for quote some time, but i alays choose pale colors to do so. I am just in love with using the bright colors! It does cover the words at all! SO i cant wait to play with my word art!

Oh, and i should mention i know the coloring mediums of the ladies showing off cards today! Copics, Stampin Up Markers, Watercolors and Chalks... you really can use anything to do this! So wait are you waiting for?! Try it out! I'd love to see your samples!

5 comments:

Jane said...

Hi I am loving these sentiments! I did one yesterday and coloured in a few of the words although it has not come out very well in my photo!

here’s mine

Jane
x

Jane said...

Thanks for your comment Katie, don't worry about the discount, I will be on getting some more images tonight I will just remember to use it this time LOL!
I made a really cute baby card with the Fairy sentiment, will be posting it up later!

Cheers
Jane
x

Lindsy said...

WOW! Love the cards and LOs ~ and the sentiments are fab!!!! :o)

Jane said...

Me again!lol
I have posted my baby card, it came out quite good!

here’s mine

Jane
x

raindropecho said...

Great cards and challenge! I'm actually not 100% sure whether you need PMS stamps, and if you do, just ignore this entry :)
Here's my card