Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Meet N Greet Tuesday with Lisa McKinney

It's time to "meet" another fabulous design team member.  This gal just might be the biggest cheerleader PMS has ever had!  :)  And we love her for it... meet....




Here's the same 6 we always ask!
When did you start stamping?
I started officially stamping fall of 2007. I have been a card maker forever, but you don't even want to see the cards I was making before I started stamping...they are embarassing! LOL! I was RAK'd about 75% of the supplies I have which really helped me get started. Now I'm addicted!

What first drew you to PMS?
Why Katie of course! I "met" Katie through a thread on a forum of Splitcoast Stampers and decided to check out her website. It was love at first site! Then she put out a DT call and I took a deep breath and entered never in a zillion years thinking i would be chosen! I am a serious lover of PMS stuff and advertise it wherever I go--and of course have a "must-be-fed-regularly" addiction!

What's your favorite stamping color combo?
Mmm, I love black and white...with a splash of color...or just intensely bright color combos with turquoise, pinks and purples.

What else do you like to do?
I'm a musician. I have played the piano for 24 years and have taught it for 7 years. I also play the flute and do solo performances at church conventions every fall. I am a substitute teacher in the local school district which is sooo much fun! I have been going back to college in order to get my Bachelor's in Education. I am a lover of food and love to cook! I'm not a baker though. Me and pastries don't get along, though I can do basic cakes and cookies. i'm more of a meal kind of girl. My husband swears I can do anything with Chicken! LOL! i am addicted to the 30 minute Meals shows on the Food Network! I am also a serious lover of books. I own sooooo many! I used to win contests at the library for the most books read during a year! I collect books by Betty NeelsGrace Livingston HillLouis Lamour, Janette oak, Jane Austen as well as a rapidly growing young adult genre. I am a die hard Jane Austen fan with Pride and Prejudice being my ultimate favorite book AND movie (the Colin Firth Version!) I adore musical theater and opera and collect the old Rogers and hammersteins musicals. But my all time favorite musical is My Fair Lady! i also love old classic movies. You can't beat the old movie stars. They just had class!

Where do you get inspiration from?
Hmmm...I am a serious lover of sketch challenges. I patrol the various blogs out there and try to participate in as many as I can. I also get my inspriation from color combos I see on various projects through my blog hopping.

What's on your Ipod?
if I HAD an Ipod...it would have a very eclectic music collection. I can tell you what's on my playlist on my blog though (or you could go listen to it yourself!)...I have music by Reba McEntire, Kris Allen, Carpenters, AbbaCasting Crowns, natasha Beddingfield, Evanesence, Moulin Rouge, Michael Bouble, Mark Antony, and so much more! I told you! I'm an eclectic music lover!

And here's some fabulouso creations by this talented gal...









Now go over to Lisa's blog! Leave her some love and read a few posts down to read about a fabulous project she's working on to raise money for her friend (and maybe you could help out too!)

4 comments:

Christi Flores said...

You are awesome Lisa!

angelafsprouse said...

Wow Lisa!! You do some gorgeous work!!

Shaela said...

Lisa rocks!!

Mandi said...

How fun to get to know Lisa better. :) Such great creations too. :) Nice job!